Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kids say the darndest things

So yesterday I was driving my kids to church and Joey discloses that "not next year, but the year after that he will be going to Junior High youth group instead of the kids church."


Joey wearing his brother's space helmet
We almost had a fatal crash on the Badger as I realized that this was true.

What is going on at my house?  These kids are growing at break neck speed.  It's insanity.

When I picked them up Joey was playing soccer with the Junior High kids.  As he got into the van he explained.  "I figured since I'll being hanging out with the Junior Highers in a few years I should start getting used to it."

On our drive home the "growing up" talk continues as my two boys discussed where they would live when they get older.  Joey declared that he would be staying in Lynden so that his kids could go to LC. (He knows how to get in his mom's good books.)  Riley cannot believe this.  He empathically declares that he will be moving to New York so that he can be in a big city.  And if NY doesn't work out then he'll settle for California or Oregon.  Where do they come up with this stuff?

1 comment:

  1. I remember Levi said....He was going to be a missionary and then a falconer( and go to the vermont school of falconry) and then marry a foreign girl and retire so he can fish. I WILL NEVER forget that. SO funny!
    You have some sweet kids kelly!

    ReplyDelete