Saturday, April 24, 2010

Adult Onset Dyslexia, ADD, and other issues

I've realized recently that I have several apparent issues that are rising rapidly to the surface.  

I have been transposing numbers a lot lately.  Can you get dyslexia as an adult?  I think you might be able to.  Its definitely worrisome.  Shoes are mis-priced, invoices are mixed up...

I've also noticed that my attention span is deteriorating quicker than my waist.  I sit down to tackle a task and before I know it, I've started another, and another, and, yes, another.  And then nothing gets done.  Lots is started.  Little is finished.  If I could, I would fire myself and hire someone with a lot better attention span.  And someone who would do a better job at finishing tasks.  

Then there is the sleep issue.  Anyone's who has kids knows what I mean.  I don't think I've slept many full nights in the 10 years I've been a mother.  They conspire, they pillage, and they run me over.  I definitely think it is a conspiracy.  I can just hear it...
Joey-"I'm tired tonight.  Its your turn to get mom up."
Autumn-"I did last night.  Your turn Riley."
Riley-"Okay, I'll have leg cramps tonight.  That will work."

I blame the above and pictures like this on my lack of sleep.  There has to be a reason for all this madness.

 

2 comments: